[time-nuts] 5061's on ebay - FIXED IT

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:59:02 UTC 2012

Joe
Good to hear that you recovered the 5061. A couple of comments.
Ground screws do indeed oxidize and it can be a very good fix for older
gear to simply loosen and re-tighten those screws or to replace pop riveted
terminal lugs with real screws and lock washers.

Nicads
My experience with modern nicads are they are real crud.I spent $45 for a
new set from a major supplier and they lasted a year before starting down
the failed path. I believe that any nicads on the shelf are getting pretty
old these days. Other amazing thing is I have tested those 30 year old
nicads and amazingly they really do hold up very well.  So someplace along
the line the manufacturers figured out how to make them a
re-occurring revenue stream.
Granted today there are alternates to those evil nicads. So perhaps they
have a respectable life.
Regards
Paul.
WB8TSL