[time-nuts] VK4GHZ Thunderbolt Monitor and Commander

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 06:58:18 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 8:38 PM, Sam <lists at digitalelectric.com.au> wrote:
> "Netduino is the Arduino with an Ethernet interface on it."
>
> Not quite, The Netduino is an open-source platform using the .NET Micro Framework.

Looks like you a right.  To many things with name almost the same.
There are Arduinos with built-in Ethernet shields.  That is what I
meant.   My plan is to "borrow" some code from the NTP Palisades
driver and first build a Thuderbolt library for Arduino

I'd be concerned that anything related to ".net" would forever tie you
to Microsoft.      But in both cases the big things are that you don't
need to build a PCB or distribute programmed chips and using Ethernet
means you can see it from a web browser using a computer or phone

Is the development system for netduino cross platform?

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California