[time-nuts] TSC Peculiarities (was Re: FE-5680A performance)

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Fri Jan 6 01:25:27 UTC 2012

Tom Van Baak said the following on 01/05/2012 02:27 PM:

> I see this on the TSC 5120 but not the 5110. Same for you? When
> in "single DDS" mode the 5110 phase is absolute. But when in the
> "dual DDS" mode the raw phase output is scaled by "B/A frequency",
> which is displayed at the lower right side of the screen. I don't recall
> this value changing over time so I'm curious about your fcounter
> comments.

I only have the 5120 as a reference point, and it doesn't have the
single vs. dual mode or show the frequency scaling.

I was referring to the frequency counter screen on the 5120, which you
can dump via ethernet.  I wrote a program to poll the box, capture the
dump, and parse the data into a logfile.

The fcounter screens (for 1, 10, 100, 1000 second averaging) seem to
update every few seconds.  I usually log every ten seconds and that
seems to give reliable results.

John