[time-nuts] Temperature and signal amp for 'Bay FE-5680A?

Peter Gottlieb nerd at verizon.net
Sat Jan 7 16:39:32 UTC 2012

Ah, thanks, that was enough to get me thinking, to pull me away from my
job's problems and back to the fun side.

I just replaced my wife's computer, and old obsolete big Dell box, with
a sleek new (and much faster) laptop.  I was about to throw out the old
box but now have a use for the large CPU heatsink/fan assembly.  I will
mount the FE-5680A to an aluminum plate and then to the heatsink.  I
don't need the plate thermally, but it makes the mechanical mounting
much easier.  I'll use some thermally conductive pads between things.  I
will use something like the circuit you provided (thank you), I have a
bunch of those TO-92 temperature sensors with wires attached, more
surplus from work, and then will mount the whole thing with power supply
into a box where I can set up the air flow like I want.

So, here's a question.  One app is a rack of gear which all needs to get
the 10 MHz.  I could just go find some distribution amp, but I would
prefer to build something.  Has anyone done this?  I was thinking
perhaps a good solid reasonably high power op amp buffer feeding
resistors to each output to each piece of gear?  Anyone done this and
found any "gotchas" or success stories?

Peter