[time-nuts] Getting my Rockwell D200 GPS to work

Rob Kimberley robkimberley at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 7 17:39:48 UTC 2012

Don,

I've been following this thread and did some research on your module. See
below, as there may be some clues, especially on connection of Pin 10, Pin
13.  Both need to be +5V, Pin 10 keeps the RTC powered (so that if you
switch of GPS, you don't lose almanac). Pin 13 looks like it needs to be
kept at +5V to turn on GPS. This may be where your problem lies. I find it
difficult to believe that all three units are faulty.

Good luck!

Rob Kimberley

The Rockwell 12-channel GPS module (Part number: TU00-D200-401) module is
high performance, low power, 12-channel GPS receiver.

Its far reaching capability meets the sensitivity requirements of car
navigation as well as other location-based applications.

Dimension: 50.98 x 71.12 x 12.29 mm

Antenna Connector: MCX

This GPS module communicates to your computer or other system via a custom
20-pin interface (for pin-out see below) using NMEA-0183 (ASCII) over TTL.

A TTL to RS-232 adaptor will need to be built for communications to a
standard PC.

Pin-out for this unit is as follows:

Pin 1: Antenna power input. Normally 3-5 volts. Maximum 12v, 100mA.
Pin 2: GPS unit power input. 5.0 volts DC. Draws approximately 175mA.
Pin 4: NMEA/Binary mode select. +5v for NMEA. Ov or floating for binary
mode.
Pin 5: Battery backup for RTC only (internal clock). 2.5-5 volts.
Pin 6: Serial Data Out. Output of GPS messages. 0/5v level RS-232 signal.
Pin 7: Time Mark Out. IHz (1PPS) timing output.
Pin 8: CTS/DTR Serial Data control. Ov or floating for normal. 5v stops
serial output.
Pin 9: Serial Data In. Commands or data sent into GPS here. 0/5v level
RS-232.
Pin 10: Battery backup for Sram and RTC. 2.5-5 volts.
Pin 13: Master Reset. +5v to turn on GPS. Ov or floating to turn off and
reset.
Pin 18: Serial Data In from DGPS correction receiver. 0/5v level RS-232
Pin 20: Baud Rate select. Ov for 4800 baud. 5v or floating for 9600 baud.

Pins 3, 11, 14, 17, 19 all Grounded

Pins 12, 15, 16 No Connection

http://ke6mto.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/gps2b.pdf

http://ke6mto.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/gps2a.pdf