[time-nuts] FE-5680A arrived

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Thu Jan 12 03:30:51 UTC 2012

Paul,

The Vectron 63.xxxx MHz oscillator is just a through in freebee.  Here is the
pin-out from a reliable inside source:

Supply voltage (Vs) is 3.3V +/-5%

Pin 1 is RF out
Pin 2 is ground
Pin 3 is Vc
Pin 4 is Enable-disable (not used on all designs)
Pin 5 is Vs

Looking at the bottom with the side that has 3  pins orientated at the top, pin 1
is on the left, pin 2 centered and pin 3 on the right.  On the bottom edge pin 4
is on the right and pin 5 on the left.

I was led to understand that the current version "C4500" is a very close cousin.
The C4500 spec sheet also shows the same pin-out.  The 63.xxxx MHz unit is around
a couple of hundred ppb stability.  Nothing great but would be ok as a source for
a DDS project if you did not need tight specs.

Bill....WB6BNQ