[time-nuts] Adding adjustment pot to 5680

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 12:05:11 UTC 2012

++++++++++++++
>But how do you adjust the RgO output frequency?  That's why I asked if
>A DDS would be used.

>Nevermind.  I just found it.  The RgO cell can be frequency adjusted
>magnetically.
>David
I decribed the very simple way I added an external EFC feature to my 5680A
unit using a pin in the DB-9 connector that was freed-up after I installed an
internal +5V regulator inside the 5680A so I only needed a single +15V
supply to power the 5680A. Check my post of Mon Jan 9 21:06:12 UTC 2012
to see what I did using Bill Riches information where he described connected
an internal pot. The new EFC pin 'floats' at 2.5V and 0-5V works fine to adjust
the frequency slightly.

-Arthur