[time-nuts] OT: Need datasheets on photomultiplier tubes

ed breya eb at telight.com
Thu Jan 12 15:12:32 UTC 2012

Thanks for all the help guys. I have enough info now to utilize any
of these PMTs. The "/SQ" and "/SN1" suffixes apparently are custom
connection versions of the basic parts. These have small circuit
boards soldered to leads that are welded to the tube pins, to adapt
for hookup with in-line square pin connectors. All I have to do is
figure out which square pin goes to which tube pin - easy since it's
wide open. There are a few SMT resistors and bypass caps that appear
to be preset bias for some part of the dynode string, a high voltage
bypass cap, and an anode termination and SMB connector for the output
- again, all simple stuff that's easy to figure out or modify.

I know what you mean by trying to decipher the addresses for
documents within websites - I have found that too sometimes - by
guessing or deducing it's sometimes possible to find good info buried
in obscure places.

I have joined the Geiger group - very interesting stuff.

Ed