[time-nuts] EF-5680A Breakout board

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 00:52:22 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 4:20 PM, gonzo . <cadbloke at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Attila,
> your most welcome to the original CAD files (you can then do any mods that suit your purpose).
> The design was done using the free version of Eagle, so anyone can have a go.
>
> As for making it cheaper, your welcome to try.
> I hope I'm covering my costs, but I'm certainly not making a profit.

I think he was talking about shipping.  Sending one PCB from AU to US
is not cost effective.  They can be shipped within the US for under
$2.  So bundle a few up and have someone here reship them.   Less work
for you too.  Maybe you can find one person in the US and one in
Europe?

I guess I can't say "someone should" and not offer.  darn.  But I
guess I could stuff envelopes if it save enough shipping cost.

What is the physical size of the PDB.  Two layers both with solder
mask I assume?  I'll get a couple prices for you.  maybe can get price
to $0.50 per square inch.  All depend on how many are made.

One more option.  Upload your gerber files to Sparfun's new
http://batchpcb.com.  You can then add your PCB to their "store" and
then anyone can order a PCB.  They build then for $2.50 per square
inch and manage the money and shipping for you.   You can sell them
for $2.50 per square inch and make zero profit.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California