[time-nuts] FE-5680A Mechanical Question

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 01:14:07 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM,  <EWKehren at aol.com> wrote:
> I hear all these ideas from paper tigers. How about building something and
> report on it. I can do a Shera for $ 40 and add a $ 20 GPS.  And it works.
> I did fail to mention that I also have retrace data. Over the test period I
>  had at least 10 power outages from seconds to a couple of hours. The Rb
> goes  right back to 1 E-12. It would be nice if some one independent does a
> test on  aging, maybe I was lucky and got a particularly good unit.

Just wait.  I'm building at fast as I can (a few hours a week)  These
units are to new to expect much long term data yet.

Now I think it is a good time to write about "ideas".  Most people who
bought these have not even figured why they need one yet.

It will take months or longer before we know how good the "retrace" is
on these, that's where you set it to E-12, power it off for a week
then power it back on and measure after warm up.    What is a
statistically valid sample size and each retrace sample takes at lest
a week.

I suspect it will take longer than 7 weeks to have measurable aging.
What is the physical cause of an Rb to "ageing"

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California