[time-nuts] Lady Heather for a noob

Peter Gottlieb nerd at verizon.net
Fri Jan 13 03:24:37 UTC 2012

Alright, I took the plunge and got a Thunderbolt and installed Lady Heather 3.00.

So, it first didn't seem to want to grab satellites, probably because it had a
position set in it of 23.1019557 113.2662616 which looks to be a tall building
in China.  I used Google Earth to get a lat/long which was as accurate as I
could make it and put those in.  That gained me 4 good and 4 marginal satellites
and phase lock.

What should I do next?  Should I have it do its own survey?  Do I need to change
any settings from default?  Do those readings, or some others, tell me when I'm
fully up and synchronized?  Is there a faq on how to do this that someone could
point me to?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Peter