[time-nuts] Temperature and signal amp for 'Bay FE-5680A?

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Fri Jan 13 09:17:13 UTC 2012

Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 00:50:35 +1300
> Bruce Griffiths<bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz>  wrote:
>

>> Thats certainly not the case in the FS730C, the risetime isnt
>> appreciably affected by the small (4R7) damping resistor in series with Vcc.
>> Adding a series damping resistor in series with the output is
>> insufficient to suppress ringing.
>>
> How about using a ferit bead into the power supply instead of a resistor?
> I'm thinking about something like a BLM18. The DC resistance is much lower
> while HF resistance is much higher.
>
> 			Attila Kinali

It may be useful if the ferrite bead parameters are just right.
However the bead HF resistance will increase the high frequency output
impedance in the high state which will adversely affect the high
frequency source impedance of the line driver.
Whereas a resistor increases the high state output impedance in a more
predictable way that can be easily compensated for particulalrly if a
similar resistor were used in series with the ground lead.

Bruce