[time-nuts] Controlling FEI 5680A

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Jan 15 18:32:10 UTC 2012

albertson.chris at gmail.com said:
> So I want to be able to connect a desktop computer and a USB cable is to
> short.

You can get USB cable extenders.  They are 15 feet long with a hub built into
the connector blob at the far end.  There is a limit of 4 or 5.  They
obviously reduce the power available to the end device.

I'm using a couple of them with no problems.

They aren't the solution to the world's connectivity problems, but they are a
handy tool if you are working with USB.