[time-nuts] Controlling FEI 5680A

cfo xnews2 at luna.kyed.com
Sun Jan 15 19:08:47 UTC 2012

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 16:45:56 +0100, Magnus Danielson wrote:

> I could also roll my own CPU, as I have already done before, but
> building a tool-chain including GCC is a bit of home-work. For my
> application I haven't bothered, but it is tempting to get C
> capabilities.

How about the new Zylin CPU.
http://opensource.zylin.com/zpu.htm

... That said ....
But i can't do a FPGA board at home (multilayer).

That's why i think the idea of using the STM32F4-Discovery board ,
or even an Arduino (both around $20).
With a "Baseboard" that can be etched at home or ordered somewhere.
Would be a lot more interesting , for a normal hobbyist.

A lot of the "nice offers" from BatchPcb etc. is not optimal , for
European nuts (im in Denmark).
Partly due to 25% VAT , but mostly the handling fee that the Post/Mail is
allowed to charge for handling the VAT (in DK it's $25) + the 25% VAT.

So a solution where the parts could also be bought in EU , would be nice.

Rgds
CFO - Timenut beginner in DK.