[time-nuts] Controlling FEI 5680A

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Sun Jan 15 23:04:42 UTC 2012

Hi Chris,

> One other front end change.  I few people have Thunderbolts and it
> would be faster to lock the FE5680 to the 10MHz signal then to the
> PPS.

Or remove the OCXO from the Thunderbolt and feed the GPS receiver with the
FE5680 10MHz. Either modify the FE5680 for EFC och program a uC to get
time/freq error from the receiver (bytes 6 to 9 in message 0x8F-A7). Then
close the loop by adjusting 5680 frequency through RS232 from the same uC.

Depending on use, you can retain the good Tbolt ocxo and lock it with a
PLL to the 5680 10MHz.

--

   Björn