[time-nuts] ATT WP 92066-L5 (RB)

Mike S mikes at flatsurface.com
Mon Jan 16 11:17:14 UTC 2012

On 1/15/2012 10:24 PM, gary wrote:
> Is it possible these wireless providers are using something like NTP on
> steroids with a Rb clock rather than GPSDO?

They are moving to using IEEE 1588 for site synchronization. I guess you
could consider it "something like NTP on steroids." It requires hardware
assist to achieve the accuracy needed. No need for an Rb for holdover.
Timing is carried with the same packets which carry the voice traffic.
If the packets aren't getting through, then you're dead anyway.