[time-nuts] NTP for 64 bit windows

gary lists at lazygranch.com
Tue Jan 17 10:39:21 UTC 2012

Windows is SNTP. You can google w32time to get more info, but this is
the gist of it:
This finally brings us to KB article 939322:

“Support boundary to configure the Windows Time service for high
accuracy environments”

“We do not guarantee and we do not support the accuracy of the W32Time
service between nodes on a network. The W32Time service is not a
full-featured NTP solution that meets time-sensitive application needs.
The W32Time service is primarily designed to do the following:

All the 32 bit code runs on WOW, which is why I wondered about native
code. That is, maybe the program isn't as accurate under emulation.