[time-nuts] FE-5680A won't lock

Scott Newell newell+timenuts at n5tnl.com
Wed Jan 18 04:31:16 UTC 2012

Just got my 3 in from nichegeek.  Paid Thursday, shipped Friday,
arrived this evening.  Wow.  (Actually arrived too quickly--I don't
have my t-bolt running, so I can't easily do an accurate frequency check.)

Two power up and lock in <3 minutes.  One powers up, gets toasty, and
gives 10MHz, but no lock and no PPS.

The tuning config on all three read back as 0.  I've set the problem
child to near +/- FS and about +/- 25% of tuning range: still no lock.

Any suggestions on what I should look for or try?  I'm not quite
ready to throw in the towel and contact the seller.

--
newell N5TNL