[time-nuts] FE-5680A tear down on Youtube

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Wed Jan 18 17:18:04 UTC 2012

Hi

The Russians developed the material back in the late 60's. They were trying
to sell it in the US by the mid 70's through Raychem. They had limited
success peddling it. The gotcha was the fabrication accuracy. I don't know
the name / location of the Russian institute that did the actual
fabrication.

They have continued to develop OCXO's based on the stuff at least into the
late 90's. Some of those parts are pretty high performance units. You might
find some data on the Morion web site.

I suspect there is a reasonable body of papers on it all in Russian. They
did a *lot* of research and development on the material and the OCXO's.

Bob