[time-nuts] FE-5680A won't lock

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Wed Jan 18 21:39:13 UTC 2012

Looking at the unit I think a lot of thought went into the total design and
 cost may have been the main driver, but overall performance is
impressive.. It  would be nice to have some one tackle that approach, the ribbon cable
will make  it easier but still some other elements will have to considered,
like the two  transistors at the lamp side. I for one plan on taking it out
of the case and  use a top and bottom plate integrated with a fan cooled
plate totally surrounded  by foam and hold my back plate which is the long side
at 45 C. Presently  running fan test to pick the right fan / heat sink
assembly. More than any thing  else temperature control will determine overall
performance and board  temperature below 50 C will help life.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 1/18/2012 4:01:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,