[time-nuts] 15 volt power supply for FE-5680A on eBay

Peter Bell bell.peter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 01:47:36 UTC 2012

One of the regulators (the one that runs the lamp and lamp heater) is
running at 13.8V and has a 500mV dropout voltage, so there is very
little (~ 700mV) headroom. The one that runs the cell heater is about
a volt lower and the one that runs the analog circuits is set to 8.8V,
so has plenty of headroom.

I suspect the lamp regulator is mostly there to reduce the start-up
current, though - the FE-5650 has a very similar lamp circuit with no
regulator and the only significant difference seems to be that the
current pulled when the unit is cold is higher.

Regards,

Pete Bell