[time-nuts] mixers for frequency measurement

ed breya eb at telight.com
Thu Jan 19 17:03:10 UTC 2012

That was a very interesting article. It would have been nice if they
tried other devices in their custom version mixer too, like bigger
diodes. I think the commercial mixers are optimized for wideband use
at typical power levels, but one specifically for low frequency like
5 or 10 MHz could be made even better. I wonder how a ring of matched
1N5817s would work at saturated power levels - maybe +20 dBm or so.

Ed