[time-nuts] FE-5680A Voltage tolerance

Peter Gottlieb nerd at verizon.net
Fri Jan 20 04:15:50 UTC 2012

When I got my first unit I hooked it up to my protoboard power supply which is
rated at 15 volts 0.5 amps and 5 volts 1 amp.  I was annoyed that it took about
10 minutes to lock up until I realized the 15 volt supply was down near 11.5
volts.  Oops.  Substituting my small B&K bench supply (good for up to 3 amps)
resulted in a lock in under a couple of minutes.  Perhaps my unit's internal
adjustments are still just about right.  It would be nice to get the alignment
procedure for the thing, but I suppose, fat chance of that.

Peter