[time-nuts] 15 Seconds error...??

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Jan 20 08:37:56 UTC 2012

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:02:56 +0100
mike cook <michael.cook at sfr.fr> wrote:

> Hmmmm (from a time serf).  Some labs provide UTC(k) but do not generate
> a TA(k) , maybe as there not enough clocks available.  Some UTC(k)
> providers have only one clock,.

This somehow doesn't make sense. Given you have a clock that generates
UTC(k). How can you not also generate TAI(k) at the same time?
(modulo leap seconds of course)

>From a technical point of view, if I had to run a clock that generates
UTC(k), i would let it run as TAI(k) and apply an offset to derive
UTC(k) from it. And i would have thought that this is the way how the
UTC(k) references are generated. Or am i missing something important?

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin