[time-nuts] FE-5680A FAQ update: question about frequency synthesizer architecture

ed breya eb at telight.com
Sat Jan 28 19:32:00 UTC 2012

The lower bits can be pulse width modulated to get finer resolution,
but it gets harder to maintain monotonicity. Eventually you run out
of processing resolution, or the control signal falls into the noise
floor, whether the system is digital, analog, or both.

Ed

Javier Herrero wrote:
Sat Jan 28 18:38:53 UTC 2012

It can be... but the resolution of the center frequency of two DDS
frequencies would be limited to half DDS LSB... so not enough. I will
try to monitor FSELECT and also to extract some SPI data if I found some
free time today or tomorrow :)