[time-nuts] Building a GPSDO & trouble using Jupiter-T

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 18:40:14 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM,  <EWKehren at aol.com> wrote:
> With a Rb we are talking loop time in excess of 20 minutes. Any thing other
>  than digital is out of reach. To day I should get my second Rb and I will
> put it  on aging test.

My guess about why you don't see aging or so little of it is that
maybe some engineer at FEI already did the test and added firmware in
the FE5680 to correct the output for estimated aging.  So what you are
measuring is the difference between true aging and the unit's internal
aging model.

Trimble does something like this in holdover mode, the controller
compensates for the OCXO's estimated aging

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California