[time-nuts] So, how did you spend your leapsecond?

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Mon Jul 2 00:05:50 UTC 2012

After watching Blade Runner (the director cut) reposition on a TV
channel, that ended just one minute before 2am local time, I watched my
nixie clock to, as I was expecting, held 02:00:00 (local time) by two
seconds. Surely its GPS (an M12T) sent the right time to the uC,
23:59:60 UTC... but I'm guilty of not taking into account leap seconds
when I implemented the UTC to local time conversion, including automatic
daylight savings (that was about 9 years ago, I think... not a time nut
then ;) ). Well, I note the bug for the day when the daylight saving
change and then I should upgrade the firmware :)

It has been the first opportunity to me to watch a leap second (or
so...) since those ones at the end of year ever finds me quite far from
home and from any timing piece other than the clock at the square where
I've traveled to for the new years eve :)

Regards,

Javier