[time-nuts] Jackson Labs GPSTCXO - New Firmware

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Tue Jul 3 14:44:40 UTC 2012

Back in April I talked about my experience with the Jackson Labs
GPSTCXO.  One thing I described is how if the user messed up and didn't
disable serial echo as described in the manual, the GPSTCXO could get so
confused that it would reboot.  They have recently released a new
firmware load that fixes the problem.  I couldn't confuse it no matter
what I did to it.

The new firmware and the upgrade instructions are located on their
support page.  The '1 PPS enabled' version ouptputs 1 PPS at power up.
The regular version outputs 1 PPS after getting a GPS fix.

Ed