[time-nuts] Allan Deviation question

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Fri Jul 6 14:58:17 UTC 2012

I think a number of higher-end sound cards accept a "word clock" or
"world clock" (I've seen it both ways) that's intended to allow syncing
to an external source.  The challenge I've seen is that the frequency
(either in the 12 or 24 MHz range) is one that's not simple to
synthesize precisely (i.e., zero offset from nominal) and with low
jitter/phase noise from a 5 or 10 MHz reference.

I think it would be a great project to come up with a synthesizer block
that could do that.  It's been on my list for a long time, but hasn't
yet risen near the top.

John
----