[time-nuts] Phase modulation detection/NIST plan

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Jul 9 00:07:36 UTC 2012

On 07/09/2012 12:46 AM, paul wrote:

> Peter indeed there could be
> But it should not need to be decoded to undo the psk.
> Plus documentation lacks some of the details I think to actually do it.
> But that would be a significant project since the formats not been
> settled completely yet.

I have looked at the PTTI 2011 paper (wwvb.pdf) and much of a format is
being shown. Has anyone established the 14 bit sync-word and verified
the format? It seems that aligning up with the normal AM broadcast
should be possible.

Can someone record it as it has been reduced to say 2 kHz and analyze
the produced audio file? Recoding with 48 kHz sampling rate should allow
almost trivial 2 kHz I-Q demodulation to illustrate phase swaps.

Cheers,
Magnus