[time-nuts] Phase modulation detection/NIST plan

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Mon Jul 9 01:24:08 UTC 2012

There is not an infinity of good sync words. A typical good sync word has
a high positive autocorrelation when synced, sloping downwards
monotonically.

Thus the cross-correlation of the received word with a locally stored
reference can be used to steer the loop using a small dither and a lock-in
technique.

-John