[time-nuts] Thunderbolt mounting

Peter Gottlieb nerd at verizon.net
Wed Jul 11 15:28:42 UTC 2012

I would like to put my Thunderbolt into a chassis with power supply and would like to have the most favorable thermal environment since the unit is somewhat temperature dependent.

I was thinking of mounting the unit in insulating material, but am worried it will get too hot to the point the temp control loop won't work properly. Has anyone experimented with this and found the best solution?  I would like to remove the strong dependence on room temperature that I have currently.

Peter