[time-nuts] WWVB a different approach to d-bpsk-r (cheating)

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Jul 19 17:30:46 UTC 2012

> As long as you don't have sunset or sunrise between you and the transmitter,
>  WWVB is reasonably stable. At night you will get more signal, but also can
> have some skywave "stuff" in the mix.

One man's noise is another man's signal.

The NIST coverage maps vary widely from night to day.  I assume their night maps depend upon skywave.  So depending upon where you live, the "some skywave stuff" may be very important.

Maybe fancy (rather than low cost) receivers work without (in spite of) the skywave.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.