[time-nuts] Orbital time-delayed angular momentum phasing....???!!

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Fri Jul 20 12:38:19 UTC 2012

On 07/20/2012 04:23 AM, Michael Baker wrote:
> Time-nutters--
>
> Didier Juges asked:
>  > What does that do to the focussing properties
>  > of the dish?
> ------------------------
>
> I have seen several descriptions of how the dish
> needs to be shaped in order to develop the orbital
> time-delayed angular momentum signal and still
> achieve an integral focus point. I am not sure that
> I can describe it, but as I understand it, the dish
> is not just split and bent into a cork-screw, but that
> the surface of the dish is also continuously shaped so
> as to provide a good focus.... It is just that the
> signal striking parts of the dish which are increasingly
> displaced along the axis of the bore-sight are time
> delayed more or less with respect to other surfaces
> of the dish. The only way I can see for this to work is
> for the dish surface to deviate from a true parabolic
> shape incrementally as each particular area is displaced
> closer or further away from the focal point. It is a
> little hard to visualize and a lot harder to find the
> right words to adequately describe!

Rather, for each line of the center, it will have the parabolic shape
for a parabol located at that distance, it's just that this distance
changes with the angle. The vector sum for the twisted wavefront will be
a flat wavefront in the focus, but flat wavefronts will be dispersed
away from the center... as if they where diffused (which they are).

Makes sense now.

Cheers,
Magnus