[time-nuts] HP 3586 Questions

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Tue Jul 24 23:23:04 UTC 2012

I found some information on the 3586 by looking at
the service manual PDF.  The processor is a Motorola 6800,
the same family I used in 1975 for Sidereal.  According to
the parts list, the 32768 ROMS are in sockets.

Two revisions of firmware are discussed.  The newer
revision can be identified by the 3586 starting up
with 10k input instead of 75 ohms.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com