[time-nuts] 5MHz ocxo

Paul Flinders paul at flinders.org
Thu Jul 26 07:12:01 UTC 2012

On 25/07/12 23:10, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> That's just a basic solder sealed package. It should be pretty easy to pop open. You'll use up a bit of solder wick doing it…

I'm still sort-of hoping someone with experience will offer but I'm
leaning towards having a go at some point.

My natural reaction would be that solder wick will never clear the
solder which has been sucked deep into the joint by capillary action.
The case/base look to be a pretty tight fit even without the solder.

Is it possible to clear all the solder just with solder wick or do you
have some technique to get the last bit out?  Do you ultimately need to
heat the whole of the length of the seam simultaneously to get it apart?