[time-nuts] Cables dor 10 mHz

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Mon Jul 30 19:31:48 UTC 2012

I am driving a Flexradio 1500, Racal-Dana 1992 counter,
Advantest U3641 spectrum analyzer, and my new
HP 3586B+ selective  level meter with the 10 mHz from
my Thunderbolt.  I had been using some old Ethernet cables
to drive this lot until last weekend.

I noticed that WWV on 10 mHz was being swamped by
leakage from these old cheap cables.  This weekend I
replaced the lot with fat instrumentation grade cables.
This appears to have prevented the Thunderbolt's 10 mHz
from messing with Boulder's signal.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com