[time-nuts] GPS and Rubidium frequency standards and noise question (new...

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Sun Jun 3 09:21:48 UTC 2012

Said,

Thanks for the info and congrats on the stats from the Jackson Labs stuff.

You mentioned the older HP Z3801. I wonder if you (or others) happen to
have comparison numbers on the Z3816A with the MTI 260 oscillator or the
Z3805 with (I think) the same oscillator. I thought I heard the MTI 260
might be slightly better than the 10811 but can't recall if anyone here
actually made measurements,

Not to say that any of the HP Z---- stuff is seen for sale often these
days. But I have one of each of the above mentioned.

Guess it may be close to the *time* where I should take the *time* to
build or set up a system where I could get trustworthy measurements of
these *timing* quality things myself. I keep reading but never seem to
find the time to actually do it.

-Rex