[time-nuts] Rapco 1804m

Paul Flinders paul at flinders.org
Sun Jun 3 17:09:28 UTC 2012

On 03/06/2012 16:59, paul swed wrote:
> Sounds like a better antenna and location might be the trick. You don't say
> how high what coax length and type...
> Since you do not have a manual you sat mask angles may also be causing an
> issue by eliminating possible sats.
> But weak signals will do exactly what you see 2 d fixes and an occasional 3.
> Thas a pretty good clue.
> Regards

Yes - I'm not too worried about that part in the sense that it's obvious
I need a better signal

Antenna is this one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BNC-GPS-Antenna-5M-GARMIN-Streetpilot-GPSCOM-GPSMAP-/250687616146?pt=UK_CE_GPS_Accessories_Software_ET&hash=item3a5e257492
which is mentioned in David Taylor's article with the supplied 5M length
of rather thin coax.

Position was along the roofline of the garage - about 2M up but the
garage roof obscures the view to the north and northeast, as I said.

I'm going to look for a properly weatherproof antenna and put it on the
garage apex - that's about 3.5M up and will have a much better view at
the expense of needing 10-12M of cable run.

But I was really hoping to cadge a copy of the manual.