[time-nuts] GPS and Rubidium frequency standards and noise question (newbie).

Chris Wilson chris at chriswilson.tv
Sun Jun 3 21:58:47 UTC 2012

> Hi

> For your immediate need, a Thunderbolt sounds like the ideal
> solution. It will give you a very accurate reference to sort out
> your test gear and likely "good enough" phase noise for most of the
> rest of what you want to do. Once you get into the microwave stuff,
> plan your PLL's properly and all will be well there.

> Bob

OK, I'll go for a Thunderbolt, is it allowed and acceptable etiquette to
show an Ebay ad to check it's the later type, which I think it is?

You have all been a great help, thank you very much indeed, I doubt I
will become as obsessive with accuracy as some of you apparently are,
but it's good to know that such a friendly and sharing group of
experts exists in one locale!

03/06/2012 22:50

--
       Best Regards,