[time-nuts] Thunderbolt GPS rollover

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Thu Jun 7 03:07:28 UTC 2012

Gees Paul,

You must be answered a different message ?

To Robert,

If all you are doing is trying to get a time stamp and a pps measurement to 100 microsecond
precision, then there are cheaper ways to go then using a Thunderboldt.  There are a number
of consumer OEM level GPS boards that would provide what you need for under $100 each.
Thunderboldts usually go for more than $100 each.  there are ways of handling the counter
needs differently as well.

However, you may well be able to use a GPS right on board the rocket with logging.  It
seems to me a few Amateur rocket people have all ready done that very thing.  GOOGLE for
several sites on other rocket people.

Bill....WB6BNQ