[time-nuts] SR620 flicker.

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 9 15:49:26 UTC 2012

I have a SRS SR620 that when an input channel is connected to the Ext Ref out has "Flicker" of about 3 digits of jitter/noise/drift. My experience is that most counter monitoring their external reference will be stable to one count with only an occasional larger jump. Magnus told me he has a SR620 that has the same instability problem, and that he heard this is a common problem for these units. Has anyone else encounter this problem? And of course the 2 dollar question, does anyone know how to repair this issue?
THANKS;
Thomas Knox