[time-nuts] Advice on good reception for radio clocks

Andrew Back andrew at carrierdetect.com
Wed Jun 27 14:19:12 UTC 2012

Hi Tony,

On 27 June 2012 15:04, Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at> wrote:
> Are there any basic steps I should take to improve the reception quality
> of a radio clock? I have a cheap and cheerful DCF77 receiver for
> connecting to some GPIO pins, but its PPS output is basically noise with
> maybe a one-second period. Perhaps it's just cheap and nasty.

I got one of those SYMTRIK modules working but the antenna orientation
did seem a bit fiddly, and this was MSF and not DCF77.

  http://www.designspark.com/content/atomic-time-raspberry-pi

Don't suppose you're using a Raspberry Pi for this? I'd like to get
this working with its GPIO rather than using a USB-serial, which only
really served as a proof-of-concept.

Regards,

Andrew

--