[time-nuts] NTP leap second status...

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jun 30 06:14:25 UTC 2012

OK, less than a day to go. At this point, properly configured NTP
servers should show "leap_add_sec," "leap=01," and possibly
"leapsec=201207010000". To check, do an "ntpq -crv". "ntpq -crv
<ipaddress>" to check a remote host (if it allows it).

I checked all my PCs and they all show leap-pending according to my simple
NTPLeapTrace program:

http://www.satsignal.eu/software/net.htm#NTPLeapTrace

At 01:00 in the morning here, I think I won't be staying up to watch over
the flock!  Just fingers crossed, and pick up any pieces tomorrow.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk