[time-nuts] Heathkit GC-1000 WWVDO

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Mar 1 18:05:53 UTC 2012

Hi

I would guess that to count as disciplined, the OCXO (or Rb) needs to be
phase or frequency locked to the incoming signal. NTP normally just does an
estimate of where things should be and moves on.

With either WWVB or WWV, the phase change in the carrier is pretty massive.
To use carrier phase you would  need a multi day average to feed the loop.

Bob