[time-nuts] Questions about Austron 5000 Loran C receiver

Andy Lokken alokken at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 15:56:59 UTC 2012

Greetings:

I think this is my first post to this reflector. I have been a subscriber
for some time now. Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge.

Recently, a member of this list gave me an Austron 5000 Loran C receiver.
With the recent news about Loran C, I am interested to try to use this
device. But I have some questions:

Is it possible to use this receiver without the PDP-8 computer that it was
generally paired with? If so, how is it done?

Does anyone know where a manual for this receiver can be found?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Andy K0AJL