[time-nuts] Questions about Austron 5000 Loran C receiver

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at screen.it
Sun Mar 4 14:51:39 UTC 2012

Yes, no doubt we can find a way to use the Austron 5000 but it will be a
long and hard way. First we need the 5000 pinout and figure out what the
5000 gives out. Then we have no source of the CALOC software: we have to
write a new software but before we must decide how to transport the data
out from the 5000 into a PC (parallel port? USB? FireWire? SCSI? Dedicated
hardware?). It is possible but a great long project.