[time-nuts] Loran in the US

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Mar 4 21:59:55 UTC 2012

Hi

The gotcha with a non compatible coding is cross chain interference. My guess is that those who are currently running Loran-C would be a bit bothered if the "new" system nuked there ability to navigate any time skywave propigation was present. The current coding and repetition rates took a while to work out. It would be much easier to enhance the old US chain rates than to do something entirely new.

As I said before - this could indeed be wishful thinking on my part.  I have yet to see anything in print describing what the compelling reason for firing all this up actually is. Obviously the vendors want to sell gear, past that not very clear at all...

Bob