[time-nuts] USB Interface, legacy Software

Joe Leikhim JLeikhim at Leikhim.com
Wed Mar 7 16:48:41 UTC 2012

I have a software program, no longer supported, which requires two RS232
serial com port interfaces, one to communicate with a sensor (signal
strength collection receiver) and the second to accept serial data from
a GPS.

The laptop computer I am using has only one RS232 Com port which I must
use with the sensor due to incompatibility with USB to serial converters
I have tried. This leaves the USB for the GPS input. I am assuming that
the GPS string should be acceptable as I do nor believe the  software
needs to handshake with the GPS.

I would like to use a "Delorme" USB type receiver on the USB port. Can
anyone recommend a software add on that will make this type receiver
appear as a standard RS232 Com port to my software?

Thanks

--
Joe Leikhim

Leikhim and Associates
Communications Consultants
Oviedo, Florida

www.Leikhim.com

JLeikhim at Leikhim.com

407-982-0446

Note to GMail Account users. Due to an abnormally high volume of spam originating from bogus GMail accounts, I have found it necessary to block certain GMail traffic. Please phone me if you believe your message was not received.