[time-nuts] 0MHz distribution...NOT

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Tue Mar 13 02:37:02 UTC 2012

The attached file should give you an idea of what I have observed when using daisy chained equipment.

The horizontal axis of the graph represents seconds (1 reading per second) the vertical access represents the time difference in nano seconds between an OCXO and a GPSDO that is daisy chained with other devices.  The blips are associated with equipment being powered off and on that is daisy chained to the GPSDO.  As a control I also repeated the experiment using another OCXO as a signal source (in lieu of the GPSDO) and did not see the phase jump when the same equipment was power cycled.  The GPSDO is located in another room and fed from another circuit thru a UPS so I'm confident it's not being somehow influenced via power fluctuations by the other equipment being turned off and on.   I made the measurements with an HP5370B which is also powered via a UPS.

If anyone would like more details or can't view the file please let me know.

Regards
Mark Spencer